Meal Plan FAQ

What changes have you made to ensure our safety during Covid 19?

To ensure the safety of all of our guests and associates remains our top priority during this unprecedented time, we have put the following actions and procedures in place:

Where do I get the Meal Plan Request Form?

You can download the Meal Plan Request Form here

How can I pay for a meal plan?

For Students Living in Residence Download and fill out a Meal Plan Request Form. E-mail your filled out Meal Plan Request Form or, bring it to the Residence and Housing Office (Residence Admin. Bldg. A1001) Students in Residence will have their meal plan charges added to their student account.

Not a Resident? No Problem! The meal plan is for everyone. Just make sure that when you fill out the Meal Request Form, you check the correct box. Fill out the Meal Request Form and bring this form, your Student ID card, and payment to the Residence and Housing Office – located down the stairs below the Dining Hall. SFU students may have the meal plan added to their SFU student account.

Not a student? No Problem! The meal plan is for everyone. Payment will be required at sign-up with your Meal Request Form. Purchase your plan through Residence and Housing if you have a SFU ID card or FIC student card.

I live in Residence. Am I on a meal plan?

If you are living in the Towers, you are on a required meal plan. You will be automatically set up on the 7 day basic plan. Submit the form to upgrade or adjust your plan. Living in McTaggart, Shell, Hamilton Hall or Townhouses? You can also sign up for a meal plan online here.

If I’m on the meal plan, are there meal options for me other than at Dining Hall?

Due to the Covid Pandemic, meal plan holders will have access to the Dining Hall only.

Can meal plan holders take food out of Dining Hall?

Due to the Covid Pandemic, our services have adjusted from all-you-care-to-eat self service, to being fully served by our friendly associates.  All meals will be served take-out style and are to be consumed outside of the dining hall. 

If I have questions about dietary concerns, ingredients, or have general feedback who can I speak to?

For dietary & allergy concerns please see our on-shift manager or make an appointment with Chef Harold at (778) 782 7083 Monday to Friday. 

My friend misplaced his/her student card but is very hungry can I lend out my card so that they can gain dining hall access?

No, transferring of cards is not permitted; however, you can obtain proof of meal plan enrollment which will allow you temporary access to the dining hall until you recover or replace your student card. 

When you replace your student card please inform the dining hall, so they can update your new barcode to the meal plan data base. 



Click here to order your meal plan today.